Tuesday, September 11, 2007

STUFF

Ravelry Update:

You signed up on August 27, 2007
You are #29279 on the list.
17182 people are ahead of you in line.
2972 people are behind you in line.
36% of the list has been invited so far

Closer...but OH SO FAR AWAY.

Two quick things:

My mom will arrive for a visit on Thursday, I am so excited I can hardly stand it! Yes, there has been some majorly crazy cleaning going on, but there is always time to knit! I can't wait until she sees what I have knit for her, and then I can share the pictures here. Maybe I can even get her to model her socks.

I will also use this time to photograph my two Doctor Who scarves. I will either have mom model them, too, or have her take pictures of me modeling them. I think this is the only way to photograph them since they are now both over 5 ft long.

Speaking of the Who Scarf...I brought my Who scarf to knit before/during my symphony orchestra practice last night. I knew I was going to get there early and I wanted something I could brainlessly work on during practice and chuck down quickly if the pieces I am playing on came up. Sacked it all up in the morning (and I had vowed this was not going to be a mobile project anymore because of it's size) and was thrilled.

Got to practice and DAMN if I hadn't forgotten the pattern...yes, shut up, the Doctor Who scarf DOES have a pattern. All I had left in my knitting bag was the first of a pair of socks, right at the turning of the heel. Yeah, EASY place to pick up and put down...NOT. But I still did it, because I MUST KNIT and I was not going to deny myself this fabulous amount of knitting time.

This season, our first concert of our series, only has percussion on one of the three pieces...damn RIGHT that means LOTS of knitting time! What is so funny is that I will most likely end up knitting the Harry Potter Hogwarts scarves for my OTHER concert band (the concert is in April, I am so going to get all those 4 scarves done by then) at the symphony practice...I love it! LOL

And I have a confession...I bought yarn and needles recently. Although the money god paid me back. I bought the yarn for the Slytherin Hogwarts scarf and Addi turbo needles. The needles are where I got bitch slapped. I MEANT to buy US size 3 with a 32" loop so I could knit these socks using the magic loop method instead of double pointed needles. Dumbass picked up US size 1 32" loop turbo needles. I will never use those needles and now I am stuck with them. My local yarn store does not take returns on needles...CRAP...I could, I am sure, find some sock yarn that would meet gauge on size 1 needles, but that would mean buying yarn...spending money unneccessarily either way...pooh biscuit.

No comments: