Monday, February 9, 2009

Long Time?

I have been knitting, actually knitting quite a lot, but I haven't really been able to take and post pictures. So I decided to bite the bullet and buy a digital camera. Nothing mega fancy, but it is SO much better than the different older model cameras I have been rotating, trying to get pictures. It was less than $100 and I think it is going to be great. I didn't just buy the camera to take pictures of my knitting. Gallifrey 2009 (the Doctor Who convention) is this coming weekend. And let's not forget I am going to England this summer, so now is the time.

Here are the picture updates of my projects.

I have finished the knitting on the mitered bag. It still needs to have the framework and handles added. Then it will need to have a lining inside. This is an in house pattern from my local yarn store and I knit it out of Noro Taiyo, the new, soft Noro.




I have also begun J_'s hat which will match the wrist warmers I made for her. This is one the beginning and it is very slow going. Not sure why? I think it is because the needle size is a US 2 and I am double stranding a DK weight yarn. The pattern calls for a size US 5 needle, but in order to get the gauge I had to go to a US 2. Me thinks the pattern creator is a tight knitter? Here is the pattern. This is the brim.



I have also knit something small for myself. I have had this project squirreled away for awhile and I needed something different to do other than my cardigan. So I have been making these gauntlets. I have one done, not yet sewn...in my favorite color in the universe. I am using the Sublime Extra Fine Merino Wool DK. The pattern is in the Fall 2004 "Knit.1" Vogue Knitting Magazine.



I have also made progress on my cardigan...it doesn't look like much, but it really is...



I also popped out this project in an evening. I did the stereotypical knitting project...I made a toilet paper roll cozy. Yes, I DID! Shut up and stop laughing. I have wanted to have an extra roll sitting out and with the pressure of my friend coming into town tomorrow, I wanted to get it done. I found some left over
Dark Horse Yarns Fantasy in light blue and white that could go in my bathroom. I have fantasies of adapting the pattern to cover the wet wipes container which also sits on the back of the toilet.



Still working on the two daleks and I would like to make my friend L_ an Adipose while she is visiting.

DAILY DAVID

No comments: