Friday, March 1, 2013

Christmas is almost over!

In my house, finally, well, nearly...the decorations have been put away and the tree is half naked. My back started hurting, I don't know if I will finish tonight.  I need to get on the ball getting my apartment packed...my move is 30 days away!

No new knit news.  I have some yarn coming from Knit Picks to make a pair of fingerless gloves for a friend.  I'll tell you more when the yarn arrives!

So what else is up?

TV...on Netflix I am watching the Ye Olde version of Battlestar Gallactica.  I remember watching it as a wee one and having a bit of a crush on Starbuck. I think I could run the Gallactica on the show with iPhone! LOL  It's cheesy...duh...but it's fun. 

Regular TV, of course there is The Walking Dead, Community, The Big Bang Theory...I started watching The Carrie Diaries. I almost pitched it to the curb when I heard it was a prequel to Sex In the City.  I never watched a millisecond of that show because (and I'm sorry if I offend) the premise sounded asinine. But Freema Agyeman (Martha on Doctor Who) is in it and it's set in the 80s, so I am giving it a try.

Reading...I am completely cracked out on The Walking Dead comic books, I am trying to get caught up. I think I am on 95 or 96? I have never read a comic book series before...ever. But I am really enjoying it.  Apparently it is the only thing my brain can process right now.  I also have Nicholas Nickleby (Charles Dickens) in my Kindle (it's FREE! as are all his books!) and most nights The Walking Dead beats out Nicholas.

I love my Kindle my mom got me for Christmas.  It took me a bit to get settled in with it.  Leave it to Ravelry to have a group on how to use your Kindle! Ravelry is amazing!

DAILY DAVID

1 comment:

Jen Anderson said...

I read Nicholas Nickleby for free on Kindle too. Great read, but boy, did it take a while.

I had a crush on classic Starbuck too. Who didn't? Man, did Lorne Greene have some gravitas.