Thursday, June 12, 2008

Me Want, Me GOT!

First off, THE shawl is now, officially halfway done and it looks beautiful!!! I will have to spread it out and take a picture. I am SO UBER pleased with it.

I now have my next personal (aka non-dalek) project lined up...



You see, I have coveted this bag since I first saw an example at my local yarn store. For some reason, I was under the impression that this pattern was only available in a book. book = $$$$ so I wasn't going to fork it out. Every now and then, I'd look longingly at the bag.

Why did I covet this bag? Because I LOVE fuchsia plants! And the fuchsias on these bags look fantastic.

So Wednesday night was the once monthly "meeting" of Knitter's Anonymous at my local yarn store. I was wandering around the store, yarn fondling, as I like to call it. And I look over on the book case and there is the fuchsia bag *sigh*...but WAIT, what is that behind the bag...is that THE PATTERN!?!?!

Yes, ladies and gentlemen...the pattern was there, in a small pamphlet, all by itself. My head began to spin...how can I make this bag?!? I must make this bag...I snatched a copy of the pattern from the stand, and although you might have to check with the other ladies who were in the store at the time, I do believe I might have also hugged and kissed the pattern.

My mind began to mentally sort through my yarn stash...yes, (thanks to Carol *kisses*) I have lots of Lamb's Pride bulky for the body of the bag...think, think, think...OOOOOHHHH pink and purple Cascade 220...I can adapt the pattern and make the fuchsia the pink/purple kind...that bag is as good as MINE!

Daleks are going well, it never fails that there is some sort of discussion on my Doctor Who message board and I end up getting more requests! LOL No JOKE I have at least 13 more lined up! And if that wasn't enough, I have chosen to do something completely crazy...

This is hard to explain, but the people I chat with the most on the Doctor Who forum started saying that I really should knit David Tennant (of my DAILY DAVID fame) his very own woolly dalek. This has now grown into a whole project where this group of fans are now going to sponsor me to knit THE man a dalek...*fans self* It will be some work, but it is also going to be a lot of fun for our little group and will help us to show David Tennant in a small (cuddly evil) kinda way how much we appreciate his acting.

And all this before going back to grad school! Yeah...shut up!

DAILY DAVID:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The bag looks like it will make a lovely project. I can't wait to see an FO:)