Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The wild hair...crushed

First a Ravelry update:

You signed up on August 27, 2007
You are #29279 on the list.
7471 people are ahead of you in line.
9281 people are behind you in line.
56% of the list has been invited so far

Look at that...getting so much closer. The closer I get the more good things I hear about it. I can't wait!

So, what was the wild hair I got up my butt?

The throw/afghan I have on my couch is totally SHOT. It is kinda a chenille and in about 1/2 of it the fluff is completely gone and you can only see the thread grid the chenille was attached to...aka you can see through the throw and it isn't protecting the couch.

I though HEY, I'll knit a throw for the couch with some cheap yarn from Micheal's...it has to be cheaper that buying one at Walmart or Target. It isn't...it totally isn't and that is so disappointing even with some of the cheapest, craptastic yarn, it would be like $20...a throw at Ikea...$10. I can't compete with that, ya know?

I guess I could go for the ULTRA cheap Red Heart One Pound skiens of yarn, but dude that stuff is SO bad who would want to sit on it? And why would I want it when I could buy something nicer?

I really wish I had lived in the days when it was cheaper to make it myself :(

And it isn't really like I don't have enough projects.

No comments: