Monday, October 8, 2007

Yarn whore

OK...I bought yarn this weekend, and signed up for a class...but I did not go completely crazy.

Why did I buy yarn when I am on a yarn diet?

Because I get paid every two weeks, twice a year a get three paychecks a month instead of two. October is that month...I have some extra money, I chose to pay off bills and buy some yarn..OK?!

So I bought yarn for the class. It is a scarf class, the "Multi Directional Scarf" class. It calls for any yarn with a variagated colorway (changes colors) and it knits up in these diagonals. It kinda looks like this:



Which is a picture I found using Google...although it is different in that it is framed with a strip down each side and there are pom-poms along the bottom edge.

The yarn I chose for this project is Katia Venus yarn and the colorway looks like this:



It looks kinda faded in the picture, but the yarn is a pink to brown colorway and I think it will look fab on me. Yeah, it is for me. If it comes out cool and people like, then I construct for others.

I also bought yarn to make a my mom a purse, which she is really excited about. The idea is all hers, I am just the person to carry it out. She wants me to knit her a purse with a sunflower on it. It will be done in Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky and will be felted. I am adapting a pattern for a purse to created this one for my mom. I will keep you all posted on how it goes.

Finally, I STARTED another project that I already had in my stash. I started the Anne Lace Shawl that is in June of the 2007 365 Knitting-Pattern-a-Day calendar. I have had the yarn for awhile, but had not tackled it. I feared the lace. I have started several small lace things in the past and they all went down in flames. This was no exception...

I ripped this puppy out at least 3 times this weekend. Shortly after the last time, my friend B_ called...also a knitter and suggested doing a life line (where you strand a different yarn through the loops of your knitting on a row you KNOW is correct, then if you have a problem you only have to go back to that line, not rip out the whole piece). It was like one of those V-8 commercial moments where you smack your head and go DUH! I don't know why it didn't occur to me. ALthough I have never used it in the past, I have watched other knitters do it. Anyway, thank you B_...I know have over 10" on my shawl DONE. I will have to take pictures, I can't find a picture on the web.

No comments: