Friday, May 28, 2010

Oops, oh well.

I was on Ravelry last night putting on a new project and I wanted to see what others had done with it...only to discover there was a huge errata in the book, which makes quite the pattern change. Now this is a project I am doing for my boss. Right now she is in mourning for the loss of her son and she is only wearing black and white. I decided to make her something white. A nice lacy scarf...

So when someone brought in a lace scarf they finished out of the Luxury Yarn One-Skein Wonders: 101 Small Indulgences book which I own. Cool. I copied the pattern and got started. As most of my knitting friends probably know, I don't "do" charts and this lace pattern is done using a chart, but I decided to tackle it anyway. I did about 2 repeats of a 36 row pattern when I got on Ravelry and saw the errata which changes the look of the thing. Can you say pissed...yeah, a bit. There is NO way I am starting this over as it took me forever to get this far.

It is the Nancy Pygora Merino Lace Scarf by Myrna A.I. Stahman and this is what mine is looking like:



It should look like this:



See the difference? I don't care...It is now part of the design because I don't have the heart to rip it out and she'll never know what it was supposed to look like. This project will most likely not leave the house, seeing as how I have to really concentrate on the pattern.

DAILY DAVID

1 comment:

Knitting Linguist said...

Definitely don't rip it out. It looks like a legitimate pattern, and unless someone compares it to the "supposed to be" pattern, they'd never know it wasn't the plan!