Saturday, May 9, 2009

Knitting without Guilt!

I finished the 2nd of the two gauntlets, they are now waiting to be sewn up the back...HOORAY

I also made a very big step in my knitting learning today. I finished the second sleeve on my cardigan today at the yarn shop! Then came the time to connect the sleeves to the body. The Diva saved me from a potential mess as I skipped a paragraph in the instructions and would have added the sleeves on wrong if I hadn't been in the store. THANK YOU Diva!

So I am now knitting the sleeves and sweaters in the round together in preparation for starting the patterned yoke. I am excited and nervous. As you may or may not know, I have never made a sweater for myself...let alone one with sleeves...so this is big for Pammie. I think I am ready, though. If I sit and focus and read the instructions, I understand what I need to do to make it work. I also think the instructions are well written. THE PATTERN

In case you forget, this is the cardigan I am making, but mine is in a chocolate brown:



I am really looking forward to getting to the pattern on the yoke of the sweater.

I felt guilt free spending my hours at the yarn store today. I spent about 3 or 4 hours today working on my Human Sexuality class final today. Tomorrow I would like to complete my reports on some client interviews...with a large smattering of knitting during the day...

And of course I am going to be calling THE BEST MOM IN THE WHOLE OF THE UNIVERSE to wish her a Happy Mother's Day!

I LOVE YOU, MOMMY!

DAILY DAVID

1 comment:

Carol said...

Yea! You're blogging again!