Monday, September 14, 2009

Lost the will to knit?

I really haven't been knitting very much since I got back from England and I am not sure why? Maybe because I have a number of projects that are just hovering somewhere in the middle and I haven't felt like doing them...it could be school/work?

I really haven't touched the Better Be Easy shawl much since I got back from England. My theory is that this is because it is the only thing I worked on while I was there? I look at it, sitting there in the basket, and I know it is looking at me but I always find something else to do.

I finally finished the thumbs on the Knit for the Cure wrist warmers. They look a little anemic in the picture, but that is because they are a ribbed pattern. When they are on someone, I think they look really good.



I also found some yarn in the sale room at my local yarn store to make a scarf. I got inspired and decided I wanted to do another scarf in the My So Called Scarf pattern. I found this neat light pink/dark pink ribbon yarn, Katia Pinta, to make this scarf. Here is what it looks like so far:



This coming Wednesday I will be joining in on a Knit-a-long (KAL) at my local yarn store. For my non-knitters, a KAL is where a bunch of people knit the same pattern at the same time. I'll be doing this the next 3 Wednesdays. It is a shawl called Wisp. I am using an awesome royal blue colored Malabrigo lace weight yarn. I admit, I have started it, but I wanted to see about the needle size and well, whether or not I am going to be able to do this lace pattern. I haven't decided if it will be a gift or for me.

I have been working on these socks as well...



I have finished the first sock and I am at the heel of the second sock. This yarn is SO fabulous feeling, it is called Regia Silk Color...It is actually a wool silk blend...oh yea, I said silk! I can't wait to wear them!

DAILY DAVID

No comments: