Friday, October 2, 2009

I AM a geek and I am PROUD

OK, so I was sitting in class yesterday and I realized, I really need to make a list to look at the priorities of my various knitting projects. I decided, what better way to make a completely anal retentive list than to make a spreadsheet in Excel? Oh yeah, I did... Those of you on the Ravelry website might be confused as to why I don't just use Raverly? I needed a list that could contain projects I hadn't started yet and a "due" date for each project.

I went through my various knitting baskets and I have removed and PUT AWAY almost every project I was doing for myself. I absolutely can not be tempted into knitting for myself right now, as I have so many things to do for others. I left out two projects the Wisp shawl/scarf I was doing as part of a knit along in my local store. I am knitting it with a gorgeous blue Malabrigo lace weight yarn. I have no idea if this is mine or a gift.

I also kept out a new project I just started...a beaded shawl. So I am now combining 2 of my favorite crafts...TOGETHER. Scary, yes...fun...HELL YES! It is the Mockingbird Shrug in the December 2009 issue of Knit 'N Style. This thing is so new I can't find any pictures of it. I am messing with the pattern, I didn't want a shrug with sleeves, I wanted a shawl so I changed the pattern there, and then I have also added more repeats of the pattern to make it wider.

I have kept these two out so that I have something to knit at the store. Most of the projects I am doing for others is yarn they have bought and given me from other stores. It isn't really cool to bring in yarn you've gotten somewhere else to knit at a yarn store...at least I think so and hey, I get to work on my beaded shawl that way.

Maybe some pictures will be coming soon?! Let's see if I can get all my knitting done on time!

DAILY DAVID

2 comments:

Grace said...

OOooooo! You're going to try the Wisp pattern? I thought that one looked so lovely but I still haven't gotten back to the mohair scarf which I had to rip out *repeatedly* so I didn't dare even think about trying this one.

PammieJR said...

Miss Grace,

I bet the Wisp is easier. I thought it might be too hard for me, as I am still cutting my teeth on lace work. But you really get into a groove on it and there are 5 plain knit rows.

I say give it a try, I think you could do it!