Thursday, August 19, 2010

Bringing it back!

OK, I am going to try to bring my journal back...

I don't even know where to begin...I am knitting everything in my apartment that doesn't twitch!!!

A good friend of mine recently sent me a cute little sign which I have put up in my apartment that says "if I'm sitting...I'm knitting" This statement could not be more true right now especially now that my last summer class has ended and the Fall semester doesn't start until September. I think I am using it to:

a) keep away boredom
b) aid me on my dieting (kinda hard to eat when you are knitting!) If you all didn't know this I have now lost 42 pounds!
c) to make up for all the time I will probably not be able to knit in the coming semester? I am afraid between work, internship and class there will be little to zero knitting in the next couple of months

I have been seriously, selfishly, knitting...flat out, for myself, knitting. I have commissions...some rather old commissions to knit things and I just can't get up the enthusiasm to do them. Am I awful?

Right now, I am working on a zip up, hoodie sweater with some Berroco Foliage yarn my bud L_ gave me...THANK YOU! She gave me a 25 gallon rubbermaid container FULL of yarn inspiration the other day!

Here is the example picture of what it will look like...


This is the finished back of my hoodie so you can get an idea of the coloring mine will have...


I am making it to fit me now...I figure a hoodie that was a little oversized in the future wouldn't be a bad thing.

I have made two of these caps:



I had so much yarn left over from the pink one that I am making a matching scarf.


I am also doing the project all the cool kids at the yarn store are doing...the Bermuda shawl. The example picture is this:


Mine is going to be even sexier! I love the colors...it is a hotpink to rust to turquoise. I don't have a picture yet.

I am also working on a cashmere shawl. The cashmere that I got on uber sale, because I could never afford it normally. Here is an in progress picture:


I know I am not done with all the projects I have on the needles, however it is almost embarrassing how many things I have going on...

DAILY DAVID

1 comment:

Knitting Linguist said...

I am SO glad to know that I'm not the only one with project plethora going on right now. And I just cast on for something else and am about to cast on for yet another project!! Sigh...

The sweater is gorgeous -- that color is going to look great on you! And you may have convinced me (inadvertently, I'm sure) that I need to go back to the store today (as if I didn't go last night!) to get some yarn for Bermuda. Surely that is something I must do since I need some soccer knitting? ;)