Sunday, October 3, 2010

Yarn Tales

Been doing some knitting...I know that may shock some of the people who read this blog, but I have to come clean. So there, I've said it...

What have I been knitting?

I can know show the shawl I made for the craft swap I was apart of:

I made the Pimpelliese by Christine Ebers...which, in fact is the same pattern I am using to make the shawl for my boss. Here is what it looks like in a multicolor sock yarn...the finished product.



I used the Conjoined Creations Flat Feet yarn which looked like this when I started:


This seemed like such a cool idea but the yarn sucked balls to work with. It was so kinky from already being knit, it really effected my gauge and how I knit. I felt like I was constantly fighting the kink...and I think the tension on my stitches was thrown off. I hated the look of it while I was knitting and I was hoping that soaking the piece when it was finished would clean all that up...I don't think it really did. I hope the person who received the shawl likes it.

What else have I been knitting? The Aestlight shawl, which all the cool kids at my local yarn store are making. Unlike the swap shawl, this one is fabulous! Although I totally messed up the bird's eye lace part and had to rip it out...it know looks wonderful. I will probably not be making this one again. Here is the finished product:





The big Knit for the Cure event was at my local yarn store today. I bought some pink ribbon yarn to make a scarf. I used the My So Called Scarf pattern to start a project today. Here is it's beginning:



I think the shininess of the yarn made the picture not come out very well.

I also finished a baby hat I began LAST year for the Knit For the Cure.



Can't really think of anything else new...

DAILY DAVID

1 comment:

Knitting Linguist said...

Both those shawls look great! I especially love the second one, although I can see why you wouldn't want to face that edging again. I'm sorry about the ball-sucking yarn; I'd kind of wondered if that yarn wouldn't be like that when I saw it - neat idea, not so cool in reality...