Sunday, October 28, 2007

Focused...

All my knitting has been halted. All my energies are focused into knitting those 8" square pieces that will be sewn together into blankets for the victims of the recent fires in San Diego. I have made about 10 now, and surprisingly, it isn't get old, like I thought it would.

Here is what some of my squares look like:



I am using only leftovers of 100% acrylic yarn, in case people have allergies.

Some of you may recognize the yarn from my Doctor Who scarf in the batch in the photos.

I met up with the woman responsible for this project along with members from her knitting group and others from Ravelry Saturday morning. It was VERY nice. And Panera, where we met up, even donated coffee and bagels to our cause! It was awesome.

I will probably continue to go on Saturdays to conitnue to drop off my squares and to make more.

Here is some updated information about the project:

newly constructed blog:

http://www.sandiegowildfireblankets.blogspot.com/

Send Donations To:

GeorgeAnne Smith - San Diego Wild Fire Blankets - PO Box 261859 - San Diego, CA 92126

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We just started joining the squares and yours look WONDERFUL!!!! Thank you SOO much for your help!!!