Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Scarf DONE!

So I don't know if I even mentioned it, but I was making just a fun, Christmasish scarf for my San Diego Concert band concert. I have this cone of Lily's Sugar'n Cream 100% cotton in the Christmas Mistletoe colorway. I decided to make a Zigzag scarf, just like the one I learned to make in class. I also added pompoms to the bottom with just plain white acyrlic yarn. Here is the result:



I finished it while my friend, B_ was visiting from Seattle. This is the woman who got me into knitting back in 1995! Anyway, we had a great visit, but not a lot of knitting was done, we were having WAY too much fun!

I am now focusing on my afghan for my couch. I am about 1/2 way finished and I am pleased with the results. I think it will look nice on the couch!

Tomorrow my mom comes into town...really excited. I am looking forward to giving her all her knit gifties. Then I can show all of you what I made!

2 comments:

Corinne said...

I love the scarf and the pompoms are great. Have a great time with your Mom. Hope to see you Saturday with your Mom!! If I don't see you, have a wonderful Holiday!!!!

Anonymous said...

the scarf is WONDERFUL!!! Will you teach me how to do that pattern!!! Maybe one of our Fiber Therapy Mentor Sessions!!