Saturday, December 29, 2007

Out Sick

Christmas is over and I think my gifts were a hit with mom. Here is what I made for her:

I made her another pair of winter socks out of Cascade 220. This time in her favorite purple colors.



I made her a multidirectional scarf using Patons SWS in a pink/purple/brown. The finish scarf is lovely, but it weasn't as purple as I thought it would be and it did not like knitting with the yarn. I probably won't use that yarn again.



Then there is mom's sunflower purse. I haven't felted it yet. I wanted her to see it first. I hope to get that done before she leaves. Mom designed it, I knitted it!



Then I also made her several dishclothes.

KNitting right now has not been a high priority. I have been sick with bronchitis now for a little over a week. You know it is bad when you don't feel like knitting.
But I have had my moments and I have kept it simple. Restarting the Gryffindor scarf, which I am now halfway finished with.

2 comments:

Corinne said...

I love your Mom's presents and that purse is so damn cute! I hope you are feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon. It sucks when your sick. When you're feeling a little bit better, you'll want to knit again and can put the rest of your sicko time to use.