Monday, December 3, 2007

Baby Ballet Slippers!

I found out recently that my drum instructor from high school and his wife were having triplet girls!! By the time I bought the yarn, the triplets were born!

I noticed at my local yarn store, that they had a pattern for THE cutest baby ballet slippers and I decided to make them for the triplets. The pattern called for Annie Blatt Angora...yeah, angora be WAY too expensive. I substituted Plymouth Yarns Baby Alpaca Brush and I used the ribbon it called for [Hanna Silk Ribbon], which was available at the store. The 3 pairs of baby ballet slippers came out WONDERFUL!



To give you an idea about the scale of these, one of my new knitting buds, Corrine took a picture of my hand holding one of the slippers and posted it on her blog [thanks, Corrine!] Here is her picture:



I have finished ALL of mom's Christmas presents...HOORAY!!!! They are even wrapped under the Christmas tree. If you are on Ravelry you can see them...post I can't post the picces here, because I want them to be a surprise!!!

Job update: I sent an application in the University of Phoenix to teach online anthropology courses. It said that I should expect to wait up to ten days to get a response...I got one back today...they want my resume! Hooray! Past step one. It sounds like a really cool system. They give you all the training and everything.

I also found a job opening with MiraCosta Community College for an Art History Instructor. With my BA in Anthropology and Art History AND my Master's in a Humanity, I am qualified to teach Art History there. I sent for my transcripts today and as soon as I get them I will apply for that position.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on both finishing the booties and the encouraging news about the job situation...

Anonymous said...

That is such good news! I'll be keeping fingers crossed for you.
Ella

Anonymous said...

I'm so PROUD of you!!! You are a good person and good thinks ALWAYS hapen to those that are good to others . BIG HUGS!!!! and see you soon