Sunday, February 24, 2008

More Who knitting

I have been lucky enough to get my hands on a copy of the book "The Doctor Who Pattern Book" by Joy Gammon. This book was first released in 1984 and has never been re-released. I got a brand spanking new copy for about $5 in Sept or Oct? But anyway...

There is a pattern to knit a K-9 plush toy. K-9 is the 4th doctor's robot/computer dog.


From the tiny picture in the book, the result will be a very cute little stuffed animal. However, the pattern is badly written and I would not want to be a beginning knitter trying to make this piece. There are no pictures/drawings to show what the pieces should look like or how they are sewn together. Just a paragraph to explain the construction. I really want the K-9 so I am slogging through it...we'll see how it goes.

Where am I getting all these projects from when I have no job? Have I mentioned the size of my stash? I am SO glad I built up over the years, because although I have a lot of mess, angst and anxiety over my job situation...I think I have enough yarn stashed away to knit my way through unemployment! THis is one positive in a lot of negative.

1 comment:

Corinne said...

I love all of your Dr. Who knitting! I can't wait to see the finished K-9. That is really great-your yarn stash! I could probably knit for at least a year from mine and still be happy. Hope to see you soon.