Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Totally Gone

OK...I admit it...the Doctor Who thing has gotten out of control, but HEY, I am about to go to my first Who convention and I am kinda excited...

I have finally done it...I have knit my own Dalek (my favorite baddy from Doctor Who).



I have had the pattern for about a year and hadn't done it. Then, I was watching Who this weekend and watched the "Remembrance of the Daleks" episode and I got inspired. I decided I needed a Dalek NOW. Some of the Daleks in the episode looked like this:



I knew from taking an inventory of my yarn stash that I had some cheap yellow and white acyrlic yarn laying around...I decided to go for it.

I had thought it would really be hard to construct, but the pattern was really easy to follow and I learned a new technique...I learned how to make bobbles!

I am all ready to make my own army in every color combo I have laying around...

Yes, I AM insane and I love to knit and I love my Dalek

2 comments:

Corinne said...

And lovely bobbles they are! OMG- a whole army of them. LOL

Karla said...

That's so awesome Pam! It looks great. Have fun at your convention.