Monday, May 12, 2008

The BBC Bites

Something has been bothering me for a time...something going on in the knitting world, thanks to the BBC and I am POed. The BBC has been threatening a Doctor Who fan who has created FREE knitting patterns for Doctor Who characters. I am so disgusted, I have no words. I have met this woman on Ravelry and she is such a neat person and such a great Doctor Who fan...her knitting talents are exceptional. And hell yeah, I have downloaded and used her patterns. The attack on this poor individual has caused the person who created the "Extermaknit!" knitted Dalek pattern to take her pattern off the internet out of fear. The best description of what has happened can be found here. The media coverage on this issue has exploded, just in the last day...and the knitter has been contacted by the London Times...I hope this blows up in the BBC's FACE.

THIS WILL NOT STOP ME FROM MAKING KNITTED DALEKS OR ANY OTHER KNITTED WHO ITEMS FOR MYSELF AND MY FRIENDS...IT DOES HOWEVER MAKE ME NOT WANT TO BUY BBC PRODUCTS...DO YOU HEAR ME BBC?!?!

And in saying that, my projects are dominated by Who knitting. I would like to finish the Dalek I am knitting for Mr. M_ before the wedding this weekend so I can give it to him. I am also going to bring along the yarn to make two more while in Laughlin this weekend at my friend's wedding.

I go to the laundry mat tomorrow to felt the SDSU hat...fingers crossed people!

And finally...

People have been asking about the good lookin bloke who IS my daily David. He is David Tennant, the Scottish actor currently playing the role of the Doctor in Doctor Who. So here we are...

DAILY DAVID:

No comments: