Saturday, May 10, 2008

Bridal Shower & Doctor Who

Today was my friend, J_'s bridal shower. It was a surprise for a MONTH until 15 minutes before, when apparently J_ saw an e-mail I sent the driver of the car, on her dashboard. Oh well, we had a lot of fun and Jen really liked her purple and black dalek...she kept hugging on it and was so glad I came up from San Diego to be there.

Not a lot of knitting today...
I am sitting here, completely emotionally rung out after watching the latest episode of Doctor Who (the Doctor's Daugther) NO SPOILERS. I cried for a good half an hour after it was over. Not because of the content of the episode, but because it reminded me of how much I really do miss my dad.

It will be 5 years next month that he died. I don't think a day has passed that I don't think of him in some way. Usually it isn't a painful thing, they are happy little memories

Lately, it has been sad, I think it is the whole going back to school thing and I feel a bit lost? Maybe it is the anniversary coming up next month. Maybe it is that stupid IHOP "Tour de French Toast" commercial they play non-stop. My dad died of a massive heart attack on his bicycle while on a prolonged ride. Seeing those stupid cyclists every 10 minutes on the screen really rubs the salt in it. There, I have finally said it out loud.

Miss you, Geez!


And let's not forget my uncle Turtle who is also in this picture who died the same week as dad...

Daily David:

No comments: