Monday, September 15, 2008

Knitting?

What is this thing called knitting? OK, so it wasn't quite that bad, but I think I actually did NO knitting for an entire WEEK...that is like an addict going cold turkey. At one point I actually fanatsized about knitting while I was reading for class. Yeah, it was that bad!

The first week of classes and orientations left me with little time to study let alone knit. I HAD to put the needles aside to get my homework done. Hey, even I have priorities! But after that first wave of homework things have settled down considerably. I CAN KNIT.

So I have been working on a few things...

I finished the back of the baby sweater I am knitting and began the front. I finished the knitting on the blue/yellow skull fauxhawk and have made a start on the fauxhawk part.

I have also been working on the the entrelac afghan. Here is how it looks now:



I love's it.

I have also managed to make a new pair of armwarmers for myself. I have been wearing my Rose's wristwarmers in class because I have been cold. Here are the Rose's wristwarmers.



THey are great, and I love them, but they are a little short, leaving a good 2 to 3 inches of arm below my elbow, nekkid...exposed...cold. So I decided to make some longer wristwarmers. I used the pattern I used for B_'s armwarmers, added a thumb and they they were.



Done in a weekend so I can wear them in class today. I won't lie, I knit them WHILE I was reading for class. Yeah, I can read and knit at the same time...especially when the pattern is a simple stockinette stitch in the round. I used the Cascade 220 Superwash wool leftover from David Tennant's dalek! They should be nice and warm.

SOme people have asked. David's dalek went into the mail the week before I started school. We shall see how long it will take to get a response!

DAILY DAVID:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow... Knitting and reading at the same time. Now that's talent. I hope everything is going well with school. I myself have been an almost career student and love going to school. I know... sick isn't it.