Thursday, December 18, 2008

*Sigh*

Well, I have been finished with my classes for a week now, but I did do my first counseling sessions with real clients this week! It went so much better than I expected and I feel really energized about seeing clients in the future. So finals and counseling is my excuse for not getting a lot of knitting done this month.

I have almost completed the koala for my nephew. I completed all the pieces of bear and started to make the shorts and realized, to my horror, that I knit the koala on the smaller size needles intended for the shorts. (insert eye roll here) So that means the koala is smaller than it really should be. By initial reaction was to to start the whole thing over on the right sized needles, but my mom and knitting buds convinced me to finish him the way he is. I only have one more leg of his shorts to finish. I am trying to save room in my luggage, so the koala will make the trip in pieces in my bag and I will stitch and stuff him at home.

I bought the yarn for my niece's hedgehog this weekend. I have a mind blowing 4 rows of stitches done on that one...SHUT UP and STOP LAUGHING.

I did finish two pot holders for my sister-in-law, made out of burgundy and black chenille. Those look good...and mom's gift is packed.

I finished the blue/purple/teal arm warmers, commissioned by a friend of a friend...YEAH

I was making another pair of Rose's wrist warmers for one of my Doctor Who buddies. I was all the way to the thumb gusset and I just could not continue. It is knit in the round, and because of where the design was on the needle it was making a huge "ladder" in the front of the design. I could not give that to a friend...I ripped it out yesterday and repositioned the design on the needles...I am know halfway done with the original wrist warmer. If you are reading this, sorry J_, I know you'd love to have them right now, but I couldn't give it to you the way it was.

I don't know what is up with me and knitting. I find myself sitting and watching TV for hours and farting around on the computer, with no knitting being done. I don't know why this is happening. I don't know if this is caused by grad school or what?

I am hoping to get my knitting jig ON while I am at home for Christmas, I think I have about 4 knitting projects tucked away in my bag...and mean, really, who need clothes when you have knitting?

DAILY DAVID

2 comments:

Jaradel said...

Hey there,

No worries on the wrist warmers, m'dear, I trust you :) I understand how important it is for something to be done right, even if you have to start over, and I know they will be FAB! :)

Jaradel said...

Forgot to say - the Daily David? *GUH*