Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Not too sick to knit

Finally went out into public for the first time since before Christmas yesterday. Michael's was one of our stops...

Mom got me the 2008 Knitting Pattern a Day calendar for Christmas. In there, we noticed two patterns for head kerchiefs. My mom has worn these since forever and she was excited to find some I could knit. So yesterday we bought the yarn to make two kerchiefs for her. I finished the first one in about 24 hours (not non-stop knitting) and it looks great and mom looks cute in it.

The pattern calls for Caron Simply Soft and that is what we bought. I think it looks really good. You can also find the pattern here. Here is the kerchief alone:



Here is mom modeling the kerchief:





Now I am working on the Gryffindor scarf and some of the squares for the fire victims. We bought some variagated yarn to make mom another kerchief. I would like to get it done before she leaves.

At least I am no longer too sick to knit!

Pam

2 comments:

Corinne said...

How cute is your Mom!! Happy New Year and happy to hear that you are not too sick to knit!!

Corinne said...

Yes, thank you!! Knitting and listening to knitting podcasts on my ipod!! There are so many out there. It's amazing!! See you tomorrow!