Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Backed up to the curb...

Well, I finished one of my Jaywalker socks and it LOOKS great.



However, it fits like crap, which is my fault. I made the larger size of the sock and then I went up a size on the needle to make up for the fact that, I am in fact, fat. This worked fabulously on the leg of the sock...BUT from the heel down the thing is a saggy, loose mess. I can't decide what to do. I *think* I am going to rip the sock out up to the heel/instep split. Then I will go down a needle size and I think it will make it *just right*.

In fact, now that I have typed this, I will definitely rip it out.

I still love the pattern and want to do more socks in this pattern!

1 comment:

Corinne said...

That is a really cool pattern. I love the color you picked. Bummer about having to rip out, but I'd rather have a sock that fits good, than one that sits lonely in the drawer!!