Friday, January 4, 2008

Jaywalkin

SO I finally did it, I got my Lorna's Lace Shepard Sock yarn (Jungle Stripes) color (which is a chartruese and purple) and I have begun my first pair of Jaywalker pattern socks I am loving this pattern...it looks great with a varigated yarn.

I have three colorways of Lang Bebe Color in the colors 0029, 0057, and 0046. I am so cracked out, I want to do all of these yarns in the jaywalker pattern.

Who knows, though...after I finish my first pair of jaywalkers, I may have had it...ya know?

I had completely frogged a project, the Anne Lacy Shawl I kept dropping stitches and losing my place and ripping it back. So I got frustrated and ripped the whole thing. I was making it using Schaefer Lola in Jewel of the Nile

I looked on Ravelry for other things I can make with this yarn. I finally said screw it, I want that shawl. The pattern calls for a 10 1/2 or 11 size needles. I was doing it on 11 circular. I decided to change to 10 1/2 straight. I mean, it is a shawl, not a sweater, so sizing isn't as important. I feel a bit more confident on the 10 1/2 so we'll see. I WILL NOT let this shawl defeat me.

No comments: