Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Talkin with Mom

So I talked with my mom a couple times today, after having a kinda down day concerning the job search situation, my mom inspired me today.

We talked about the one kerchief I got knit for her while she was visiting and how must she really liked it. When I asked her what she might like, she suggested a black one. For those you who knit, you know knitting a pattern in black is kinda pointless because you won't see it. So I just decide to use the pattern for the pink kerchief with a simple yarn over increase with a plain stockinette body. The pattern calls for just regular acrylic yarn...so I will be able to raid my stash to make more.

I was really surprised, she called before dinner and by midnight, it is finished! I am really pleased with it. I hope she will like it...I am ready to make any color of the rainbow for you mom! Here it is:



What else am I knitting? Another Doctor Who scarf...because I really need one...NOT!
I have gotten obsessed with the need to have a scarf in the Season 18 colors. I really think this is knitting therapy. It is very theraputic and meditative to knit the repetitve garter stitch and color changes. I think I really need this simple project to help me with the anxiety and depression over my job situation.

Here is the scarf, made out of three colors of the Lion's Brand Vanna's Choice acrylic yarn:



I can only imagine what my life would be like without knitting right now. I know it helps me with my anxiety and stress. I already have issues with food. I imagine the food would be my only crutch, and my weight gain would be out of control.

Work on the Jaywalker socks continue. I re-knit the body of the sock with a size 1.5 needle and that was all the change I needed, the complete sock now fits great. I am now in the second sock, nearing the construction of the heel flap.

So there it is...mom also gave me flack for not updating my journal, see you inspired me to journal, too! Love you, Mom!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your scarf is looking great. I'm sure you're mom will love the kerchief. Good luck on the job situation. I know it's hard. I was out of work for a year while I was going to school so I know it's hard.

Corinne said...

Love the kerchief. You know your Mom will love it AND look very cute in it!! You finished the scarf already?! Very nice. Good luck with your job search. I hope you find what you are looking for and fast!

Karla said...

Beautiful scarf and kerchief! Good luck on the job hunt.