Friday, June 6, 2008

Conquering THE shawl

I finished Clyde, the blue dalek last night and put him in the mail today. I hope he makes it to his new home across the pond OK as I misspelled the name of the road. Only by one letter...I am hoping.

Last night I was searching for something other than a dalek to take to the LYS today and I remembered THE shawl.



THE shawl I have tried to knit at least three or four times. THE shawl that I have ripped to the edge trim so many times. THE shawl that I have changed needle size on AND tried life lines multiple times, only to continue to fail.

At one point I had ripped out the whole of THE shawl and was looking on Ravelry for patterns I could do with that yarn, because I love that color of Schaefer Lola.

Then I decide NO I want to make THE shawl with that yarn and it will not defeat me. I had started it again, I don't know how long ago and then set it aside.

I did not have high hopes when I picked it up last night, but I did about 2 inches of accident free knitting on it. I decided to take it to the store and ONLY it to the store and I would work on it. NO joke I did like 12 inches on it...I did need the Diva a couple times, which is rare for me, but my mistakes seemed to be easy to fix. I am now officially past the farthest I got (which is when I took the above picture) before, so that has to be good!

I began a new dalek yesterday. This one will be royal blue and white for the Birmingham (UK) football team. I am on the last row of bobbles which is the time consuming part...the rest will fly by!

Today was filled with happy knitting...

DAILY DAVID:

No comments: