Sunday, June 8, 2008

I Frogged it...AGAIN

SO, yesterday I was chillin out, watching How Clean is Your House? most of the day and I picked up THE shawl and really looked at it. And I was not pleased.

The pattern, Anne Lacy Shawl, calls for size 10 1/2 or 11 needles. When I originally started the project I used size 11. Then in the process of trying to conquer THE shawl, I went down to size 10 1/2, thinking that maybe the size of the needles was part of my problems with THE shawl.

When I got cooking on it Friday, it was on size 10 1/2. I liked the look of THE shawl, but deep down I was worried that there was going to be a signficant size difference. This is bad for an overweight person such as myself...

So I made the totally daring choice to FROG the ENTIRE shawl and start over again on size 11 needles. I took a deep breath, pulled the needles out and started winding up the yarn.

I now have about 8 to 10 inches total on THE shawl on size 11 needles. I also started with the "virgin" ball of yarn this time. This created a new "pattern" of how the variegated colors of the yarn lined up...and it isn't a bad thing. I am definitely liking the size of THE shawl now.

I AM happy I frogged it and started again.

DAILY DAVID:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great - you aren't letting THE shawl control you!

PammieJR said...

I'll be bringing the New and Improved shawl to KA on Wed. I am really liking it!