Thursday, October 23, 2008

Knitting can be dangerous

Yes folks, everyone thinks that knitting, as a sport, would be as exciting as watching paint dry. Non-violent, healthy and relaxing. Well, I am here to tell you, you can get injured due to knitting.

I hadn't told most of my knitting buds or other friends, but my left thumb has been hurting me for a couple of weeks. I thought maybe I strained something, like putting my backpack on for school or, whatever. But the pain just wasn't going away and I became fearful that I was developing arthritis. After talking to my friend M_, she suggested it might be tendonitis.

Well, I went to the doctor today and yes, it is tendonitis and I now have an EXTREMELY sexy wrist/thumb brace I need to wear for about three weeks (I actually can't remember the exact time, I am going to e-mail the doctor tonight). This means...NO KNITTING while I have the brace...unless L_ can teach me her wrist brace knitting technique she has developed.

So yeah, this blog may be a bit empty for awhile.

DAILY DAVID

No comments: