Friday, October 17, 2008

Very little knitting

I seem to vaguely remember this hobby that I used to have...I think it is called knitting. Something you do with yarn and two pointy sticks?! I don't know, I seem to remember enjoing doing it and finding it so relaxing. Now I live with readings and papers hovering over me. I feel guilty when I take the time to knit.

I am serious when I say that the only time I knit is when I knit at the yarn store. It is the only time I don't feel guilty.

I finished two things this past week at the yarn store. I finished the baby vest ONLY with the help of C_ and the Diva. C_ showed me how to pick up the stitched to make the ribbed collar and she showed how to do the mattress stitch, despite the fact that I sucked at it and ended up giving her the sweater vest to finish, in complete defeat. THANK SO MUCH C_. I couldn't have done it with out you!

I used the gift certificates I got for my birthday to buy yarn to make this UBER fab cardigan. My local yarn store just got this new yarn that was perfect for the project. I am excited about it, but I feel guilty even thinking about working on it

I also finished the yellow/blue fauxhawk...maybe I'll get a picture from L_ of the finished felted object so I can share it here. I am going to take a picture of sweater vest tomorrow.

Tomorrow is Friday, my day of knitting guilt free at the store. I am bringing the baby booties I need to finish and I am not sure what else. We shall see.

Pictures next entry?

DAILY DAVID

No comments: