Friday, June 26, 2009

Yarn of SATAN!

Ok, so this morning I woke up early, couldn't go back to sleep so I decided to work on the shawl from hell...I will conquer you biotch *shakes fist* Yeah, I don't know how long I worked on the shawl and I stopped and looked at it, it was totally jacked. I gave up, amputated what I had knit so far and decided to find an easier pattern at the store today

So Miss S_ helps me find a pattern for this cobweb yarn, grab the yarn and the size needles it says on the PATTERN and I begin. Well, not right away, for me the math wasn't matching the stitch number blah blah blah anyway M_ and D_ helped me figure it out and I began. What 11 o'clock? Fast forward to nearly 3pm. Things are going way to well, I should have expected failure...

A woman came into the store and wanted to knit the same shawl. They are reading the TAG and I discover to my horror that the displayed shawl was knit on larger needles. I am a big girl and I need all the size I can get on pattern. I didn't need to be making one smaller than the original! Craptastic.

So guess what...I am starting over AGAIN. Now I am convinced that it is the yarn and not the pattern that is the bringer of evil. I am still determined to make a shawl out of this yarn.

Bring it, yarn! I am going to open up a can of whoop ass on you!

DAILY DAVID

No comments: