Monday, October 12, 2009

Fauxhawk-o-rama!

Knitting is a truly crazy thing and my commissions seem to come in almost overwhelming waves! I have now been asked to make 6 fauxhawks for various people...yeah, you can say it...HOLY COW! Not that I mind, it's just a lot of fauxhawkness.

I am also bombarded with wristwarmers right now. Almost done with the first pair, I WILL get them in the mail this week. I have to remember that it is, in fact, cold in other parts of the country and people might be wanting their winter knitwear.

So, bought them and they came in the mail today and I wore them...what, you say? Well, my local knitting friends have heard the tails of the clear plastic Converse. Non-knitters right now are saying, why the hell would you want those? Knitters are nodding "yes". You see, with clear Converse I can show off my hand knit socks, of course. I have no idea why Converse decided to make clear shoes and why anyone who doesn't knit socks would wear them, but I am sure glad they do. I had been thinking of buying them, but then when I saw they were on sale, I had to do it.



I have put my beaded shawl aside to work on my commissions. I fear they will not all get done on time...

Keep your fingers crossed.

DAILY DAVID

No comments: