Friday, October 23, 2009

I feel dirty

So, I was finally able to step outside my apartment for the first time since, Monday? I had a dermatologist appointment, not too mention the fact that I was on my last roll of toilet paper and 2 cans of Diet Coke...

Anyway, as part of my errands today...I had to go to...another yarn store. Ugh, I even hate to admit it, makes me feel dirty. But Christmas is coming and I need this yarn now to get my projects rolling. I felt like I was cheating on my favorite local yarn store. Maybe that's why I was sweating so badly while I was in there...or it might have been the skeins of Lamb's Pride bulky wool/mohair I had in my arms. I now have all the yarn I need for ALL the fauxhawks I have been asked to make.

It does make me appreciate my favorite store so much more. I have no rapport with the people working at this store today and I was trying to explain my projects and see what the difference is between Malabrigo sock and lace yarn. I just wanted to know the yardage on a skein of lace weight so if I could see if the sock yarn matched the yardage. I felt like I was being treated like an idiot trying to substitute sock for lace on the Wisp shawl. Granted this woman has no idea what pattern I am talking about, and has no idea my knitting skill level. However, to immediately be presumed I don't know what I am doing, doesn't give one the warm fuzzies.

Anyway, I bought some Malabrigo sock yarn in a colorway from deep red to dark brown to make a Wisp shawl for my boss for Christmas. She is awesome and definitely "stitch worthy".

Now if I could just grow some more arms so I can knit more than one project at a time before Christmas...I might get everything done.

PS. I did not go to my usual Friday knit group at my favorite yarn store because I want to make sure I don't make any of them sick. Damn the rest of the population!

DAILY DAVID