Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Destashing

OK, so there is no way around it.

All yarn buying must cease.

I am in such a terrible financial hole, I can't afford to buy any more yarn. period.

But I have been inspired by the ladies at Stash and Burn (see last post). I am going to destash...I am going to knit through all that yarn that I have been meaning to knit. They have even excited the oganizational fanatic in me...they have thier stash listed in a database. I MUST do this. It would be AWESOME to have a database of my knitting projects, yarn and finished objects.

Dude, it is actually making me excited about my stash. I LOVE to organize stuff!!! So, you know that since the holiday weekend is coming up...a FOUR day weekend for me...you so know I will be putting all my yarn in a database while I watch Classic Doctor Who episodes. THis is gonna ROCK!

I have thought about the Harry Potter scarves I have committed to make for my concert band in the spring. The yarn is VERY cheap. and I think if I just buy yarn for one scarf at a time I can do it. I really want to do this for my fellow percussionists. They are such cool people and I want to so SOMETHING for them.

There is a website called Ravelry which is like an online database for your knitting and it seems like it could be a neat community. I don't fully get it and you apparently have to be invited to join? I put my name in, and there is a way to check where you are on the list...check this out for me:

"You signed up on Yesterday
You are #29279 on the list.
18453 people are ahead of you in line.
254 people are behind you in line.
35% of the list has been invited so far"

Yeah, maybe my grand daugther will be able to join some day using my place in line! LOL

No comments: