Thursday, August 23, 2007

Grand Plan #1

OK...Grand Plan # 1 I have discussed with a couple of people...

I recently completed a number of hats for a friend of mine undergoing chemo therapy. I really enjoyed the project and enjoyed the fact that my knitting could be so useful. My friend has told me that the other cancer patients she has run across have made positive comments about the hats I made...so here it is...

I have been dying to knit for a cause...a reason. There are times when knitting seems so frivilous, both in time and money. So why not do something positive with it? I would REALLY like to knit hats for other chemo patients and donate them to a local group. However, I seem to be jinxed at every turn...

1. I have e-mailed several groups/individuals about doing this and have gotten no response.
2. I have tried to find websites where I could donate or find a place to donate...usually all I can find is "donate in your local area". See number 1.
3. Money, even though I can make a nice hat out of one skein of a soft cotton yarn which is between $5-10 bucks each...I can't afford it right now. I can hardly make ends meet at the end of the month as it is.

I am frustrated. I feel like I want to do something good and meaningful and I can't.

No comments: