Monday, August 18, 2008

Clapotis is CRACK!

Done a LOT of knitting this weekend.

I finished another Adipose for a friend of mine. I think they are getting cuter and cuter as I make them.



I felted the red/black/white skull fauxhawk and was there to see when the girl got it. Yeah, she loved it, it was awesome and it fit her head great! Pictures of her wearing her new fauxhawk should be on their way shortly.

I have done a lot of work on my third Ravelympics project, the Drop stitch scarf. I have probably completed 60 to 70 % of the scarf. This is what it looked like in the beginning.



I finished one side of the blue/yellow/white skull fauxhawk. I was almost finished with the second side when I realized I had made a horrible mistake, about a quarter of the way into the thing, I ended up ripping out the whole second side. VERY discouraging and I admit, I haven't picked it back up.

I did however begin knitting THE Clapotis. It is a pattern that has been VERY popular in the knitting world. It is basically a shawl/scarf kinda thing with a lovely, simple pattern. I am making it from yarn donated from one of my friends. When I told her she laughed ahs said that the Clapotis is what she bought the yarn for.

Knitting the Clapotis is HIGHLY addictive. It is a fairly easy pattern to get into the rythm of and it is one of the those "just-one-more-row-and-I'll-stop" kinda things. Crack, it is knitting crack!

Have I mentioned I have been commissioned to make a baby sweater vest? It will be a first of MANY, first clothing item and first baby clothing item. We shall see...the yarn is gorgeous and the sweater is cute as a button! I hope to start it this week!

SO now I want to go...and knit on my Clapotis...

DAILY DAVID

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this a pic of David in MacBeth? I heard he was acting in either MacBeth or some other Shakesphere play and I thought of you.

PammieJR said...

Yeah, David is doing Shakespeare this summer/fall/winter. This is him as Hamlet in, well, Hamlet. He is also going to be in Love's Labors Lost in the Fall. My only hope is that they will be releasing a DVD of this...sigh.

Carol said...

I don't know what an Adipose is (non--Who fan here) but it SURE IS CUTE!

PammieJR said...

thanx Carol