Saturday, August 9, 2008

Go Team TARDIS!

You are reading the blog of an OFFICIAL Ravelympics participant...aren't you excited?
More like confused, huh? The HUGE online knitting community, Ravelry has their own Olympics games! No Joke! And I am participating in some of the events.

OK, it is basically an excuse to knit, shocking, yes? So starting with the the OPening ceremonies of the Bejing olympics, the knittin begins. The knitting ends at the end of the Closing Ceremonies. There are all kinds of events like the Sock Put, Hat Dash, felting freestyle...etc. I have put three projects in the Work In Progress Wrestling, which means I am trying to finish three projects I had started before the Olympics.

Anyway, I am knitting for Team TARDIS, the Doctor Who fan team and I finished my first project today. I finished "Malabrigoness"...do you all remember this scarf? I had started doing the pattern wrong, ripped it out and started over again? I have it as being started in January. Here is the finished product...



I am also almost done with my first kids skull fauxhawk.



ALl that is left is the cutting and tying on the fauxhawk part, yeah...zzzzz, I will probably do that tomorrow, I am so not feeling it today.

And yes I said FIRST kids skull fauxhawk hat. I already have the yarn (blue, gold, white) to make a second kids skull fauxhawk.

I also finished and mailed out my friend, B_'s armwarmers. I sure hope they will be able to fit over her removable arm cast so she can walk around Seattle without feeling like a dork!



I think that is it?

DAILY DAVID

No comments: