Monday, September 17, 2007

Pinky on my brain!

Some people grew up with a teddy bear...I had a Pink Panther stuffed animal...I got it when I was about 3 or 4, let's just say he is about 30 years old now.

Poor Pinky has taken some hits. I used to carry him around by the neck and it became very damaged. Little Pinky's head nearly came off at one point. I believe both my mom and myself have made various attempts to sew his neck back onto his body. At this point, there are whole sections of neck "skin" missing on poor Pinky.

A number of years ago I attempted to help Pink out by stuffing the fluff deficent neck with cotton balls in an attempt to help Pinky keep his head up. This did not work.

I was joking with mom about the condition of Pinky and that I was thinking of knitting him a patch for his neck. She not only suggested knitting Pinky a scarf to go around his neck, but also removing the cotton balls and replacing them with Polyfil (NO I did not think of that and I am a crafter.) So I did it.

I took the skanktastic cotton balls out of Pinky's neck and crammed it full of Polyfil. Then I began knitting him his very own scarf. I used the leftover Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky from my fauxhawk hats. This gave me the colors of red, white, blue and grey. I made a nice striped scarf, in the round on double pointed needles (so there would be no visible back) and added fringe. Then I sewed it in place.

Now Pinky holds his head up with pride all by himself for the first time in about 30 years. And he looks cute as a button. Thanks MOM!

Pictures to come tomorrow!

Ravelry Update:

You signed up on August 27, 2007
You are #29279 on the list.
15377 people are ahead of you in line.
4288 people are behind you in line.
40% of the list has been invited so far

No comments: