Friday, March 21, 2008

I just can't stop myself!

Before you gasp in horror or disbelief...I am, in fact, going to do MORE Doctor Who related kniting. I know...shut up...it makes me happy.

AFTER I FINISH the Harry Potter scarves (40% left to do on the last scarf and I am DONE) I am ready to begin knitting Rose's Wrist Warmers , because you know EVERY woman who lives in Southern California needs wrist warmers. Yeah, I may wear sandals year round, but I'll find an excuse to wear these wrist warmers. They appeared on the Doctor's companion, Rose, in her now-not-so-final episode. I have to admit, they actually distracted me from the rather tearful and sweet final scene. I mean, you KNOW you knit too much when you are trying to figure out the knitwear a character is wearing, rather than paying attention to the plot line. I found a picture from the episode on the net where you can see THE wrist warmers



You can kinda see them poking out there...and I left David Tennant in the picture because he is a sexy biotch and he is my eye candy...

Anyway, I will probably be working on them at the same time as the Circle socks, because I have wanted to do these wrist warmers since I first saw the episode in what 2006? They will be MINE...

Then, I found some cheap red acrylic yarn in my craft closet this week while looking for some other needles...now I want to make a red/gold/black Dalek like this, from one of the Doctor Who movies:



That way my white dalek will have a "friend"...OK...so I just want to knit another one...they are so evil, they are SO cute! You know you want one, you just don't have the guts to ask me to make YOU one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are going to LOVE making those wrist warmers!! I love mine and keep them at work (aay from my daughter - who won't watch the Dr but LOVES Rose!)