Thursday, March 20, 2008

Wash and wear!

So last Saturday at the San Diego Wildfire Blanket square joining meeting, I wore my finished Jaywalker socks for the first time. WOW is all I can say. I mean, I have heard people make over homemade socks before, but I thought, really, can they be ALL THAT?

The answer is YES...those socks ROCKED, they felt so good and soft...NICE. Now these are the first socks I have knitted, I have been making these winter socks you wear around the house out of Cascade 200, but none out of nice sock yarn.

I can't wait to finish more socks! I am down to the toe shaping on the first of my circle socks, but all other knitting has been put aside to finish the mind numbing Harry Potter scarves. I have 8 more rows to knit on the second Ravenclaw scarf and I will be done (except for putting the tassles on). I can get back onto the re-worked Hufflepuff scarf...I have about 80% more to do. I WILL finish!

Anyway, I washed my Jaywalker socks in the laundry today, as they are superwash wool, I am supposed to be able to wash them in the machine. So with a fearful heart, I put them in the machine with my other bright colors, closed the lid and said my goodbyes. But they came out of the wash fantastic. I didn't want to press my luck with the dryer, I couldn't remember if they could take the dryer...so they are drip drying right now...and I swear they are even softer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! Now you're a sock addict!

Anonymous said...

Never imagine anyone so enthusiastic/excited about socks, u r too funny!