Sunday, March 30, 2008

HELL to the YES!

I HAVE FINISHED KNITTING THE HARRY POTTER SCARVES.

I mean, like just a few minutes ago. Audible sigh of relief here. Now I just have to put the tassles on the last two scarves and the project will be completely finished.

I am going to reward myself and knit on the Rose wrist warmers tonight. I started them at the yarn store on Saturday. This is my first real dealings with a pattern chart...me no like chart, but I definitely like the Berroco Comfort DK I am using to make the project. Fabulous yarn and so soft! I have done one round of the pattern and it looks really nice. Reading the chart and making sure I am on the right row and stitch is a challenge, but I have the time.

I have also started taking commissions to make knitted Daleks for people on the Doctor Who related Outpost Gallifrey website. I have two "orders" right now. Not too bad. I can not sell the Daleks for profit, as the Dalek pattern is not mine and that isn't jiggy in the knitting world. But as long as people can cover the yarn and postage, they can have their own yarn Dalek. That gives me more projects!

In finishing, I just wanted to thank the ladies I knit with once again. Since my last post, a number of you have donated more yarn to me...THANK YOU. All this yarn is absolutely beautiful and I think my stash has now been doubled! No joke. My mind is swimming with the possibilities.

1 comment:

Karla said...

Congrats on finishing the scarves! You Rock! Great job. Now go have some fun.