Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Yarn Gifties

Friends are cool...have I said this before? Knitting friends are even COOLER!

I just wanted to thank the ladies I have been knitting with. You all have been so incredible at a time when I have needed it. I am going through such a hard time in my life right now, losing my job and working on a career change. You have been there with your support and advice.

There have been times when I have been so down during the week and just getting it together and going to a knitting meet-up has made me feel better.

I give myself a hard time about accepting help from others. Not only do I usually consider myself unworthy of such efforts, but I end up wondering if my "need" isn't really "greed".

I think most you who know me, know that I haven't been purchasing a whole lot of yarn lately...I mean, let's be real here...it's bills and food or yarn...uh, no competition. On this unhappy yarn diet, I just want to say how lucky I am to have you all in my life. I have had a couple of the ladies I knit with give me yarn leftovers and skeins of things they have decided not to use.

I tell you all, it chokes me up just thinking about it. That you all would think of me in my time of "yarn need" touches my soul. We all know how exciting it is to get new yarn and think of new projects to do. You all have helped me to be able to do that even when I can't buy my own yarn...you ROCK!

I know, yarn seems like a small thing in life, especially at a time like this when I need to focus on my job hunt. But knitting really is a big part of my life and helps me relieve my anxiety and feel productive. Knitting helps my mental health, ya know what I mean?

Between my existing stash and my yarn gifties, I feel like I have enough fun and varied projects that will keep me busy until that career change takes place. I can't wait until I am settled in and I am able to pay back everyone's generosity.

Thank you all...group hug!

1 comment:

Corinne said...

Hey there. I hear you when it comes to yarn as therapy or knitting, either way it calms me and redirects my energy and helps me focus and think!! Hey, when you are in need of yarn, just give me a call, I am sure there is something in my stash that you would like and I don't use......Happy hunting, happy knitting!!