Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Daleks and fauxhawk!

I was able to go to my friend's house this weekend and STILL got a lot of knitting done. I finished the red, movie based Dalek for J_ over the weekend.



She looks great and has already been sent along her way to her new home across the pond...I hope she gets there safely.

I also got most of the knitting done on the SDSU fauxhawk hat for A_. I had a couple false starts with reading my own chart (dumbass alert!), but I had it worked out fairly quickly. Just one more earflap and I am done! Then the fun of cutting the strands for the fauxhawk itself begins. I am absolutely THRILLED with how it has turned out and I think it will ROCK after it is felted!



Tonight I finished Terry, the new series Dalek, named after Terry Nation, the creator of the Daleks. I LURVE the way this Dalek has come out, he looks JUST like the ones on the show! He is rockin' OUT! I will probably put him in the mail tomorrow and he too will be making his trip across the pond.



I have taken to putting toothpicks inside the eyestalk and plunger arm. It has really helped with the Daleks', um, erectile disfunction.

Right now, I have made the appendages, and stuffed the pink Dalek and I am in the process of knitting the base...I have I feeling I will finish her up tomorrow.

People are majorly digging my Daleks and I have a motherload of requests for more of them. So sit back and get comfortable...you are going to see a LOT of these guys in the near future!

Daily David:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Laurie

PammieJR said...

Has Arvin seen it?

Anonymous said...

YES...HE LOVES IT!!!! KEEPS asking if it is DONE>..I told him to CHILL!!!