Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Schtuff

Went to the dentist today and got my teeth cleaned for the first time in about 2 1/2 years...they feel so slick and nice...thanks Miss Barbara! There was a major league baseball player there when I left. Of course me being such a HUGE baseball fan (NOT), I had no idea who the dude was, I had to look him up on the internet when I got home. Here he is:

His name is Dave Roberts and he plays for the San Francisco Giants? I don't know, he was very nice to all the ladies who flitted around him in the lobby, including two ladies from the dentist next door. Of course if it was David Tennant or Martin Gore I would've been beside myself, so I guess I can't say anything.

I finished the body of the pink dalek last night and I think she looks beautiful:

Um apparently there is now a problem with picture uploads on Blogger right now...I will add photos later today if I can.

I went to Michael's yesterday and bought the poly-fil stuffing to complete the red and bronze daleks I made earlier.

I was told by the soon-to-be-adoptive-mother of my red Dalek, that is in fact, a girl and she is going to name her Verity. I thought that was so awesome I had to share. Verity Lambert was the first producer of Doctor Who in the 1960s...she was one of the youngest and maybe the first female producer at the BBC. To me, Verity is the reason the show took off and has lasted through time...approving the creation of my favorite Doctor Who baddies, the Daleks! Verity Lambert, who died last year:



I hope to have Verity Dalek finished and off to her new home in the UK by the end of the week.

And here is where I would place my "Daily David" picture:


Like I said, by the end of the day I hope to have added the photos!

2 comments:

Corinne said...

I don't know who the heck that guy is either and I like baseball. Okay, okay...I mean I like watching the Yankees play baseball!! I am loving your Daleks. Very cool, very cool and the comment thing.....I don't think it is such a big deal. I don't usually comment back either. Oh well, the weird things that people find important!! I hope all is well for you. How's your Mom doing? Any new kerchiefs for her? : )

PammieJR said...

My mom is doing OK, although she is having some type of food poisoning/flu thing right now *gentle cyberhug, mom*.

No, I have been a bad child and have not knitted anymore kerchiefs for mom. But she did say she was only going to use my knitted kerchiefs for the winter since they are heavier than her normal ones. I've got a couple months, right mom?!