Thursday, July 2, 2009

Day 1

I am counting this as the first official day of my trip to England.

I woke up at 5:30am and I thought I wasn't going to be able to go back to sleep for awhile there I was so excited. I did manage to fall back asleep until 8:30 am. I am showered and dressed...the bags are packed. I am ready...just one tiny glitch...it is 9:43 am and I have hours to wait until I leave for the airport. I am so glad I knit, because I would probably go insane with the waiting.

I do have some things to do today...I need to go to the bank and deposit my first paycheck (YEA!) and then I must do my nails! No really, they are totally skank, I want to have nice nails on the trip. I am NOT taking nail polish with me (I can just see what that would look like all over the inside of the suitcase) But I figured I could get some when I got over.

BAH! I am so excited I can't believe this day is finally here!

I would like to thank C_ for blocking my cardigan so I could take it on the trip and look fabulous (that is when it isn't 90 degrees) and the fact that she is taking me to the airport! Hooray!

Everyone keep your fingers crossed for me that one hour will be enough for me to get my connecting flight in San Francisco. I hate changing planes and I apparently need something to worry about and I have chosen this to be my "thing" for the next bit. I am sure I will find something new after I make my connecting flight.

I hope I have enough to keep me busy on my flight...I have a cryptograms book, Fill-ins book, a Sudoko book, two different knitting projects, a Doctor Who magazine, a Doctor Who book, my textbook (you know I am going to be riveted to that!) a Charlaine Harris novel, my IPod...is that enough for ten hours? Hahahahaha

I know this update is early in the day, but I probably won't have internet access until Friday afternoon...UK time. So, the next time I post it will be from across the pond!

DAILY DAVID

2 comments:

katy said...

HAVE AN AWESOME TRIP PAM!!! Be safe and have lots of fun <3

*Katy

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time -- and, yes, that does count as part of the trip. After all, you're in vacation mode now.