Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day 7

Today I woke up and remembered the Sim card reader I had tossed in my suitcase, thinking I don't know what. Anyway, I thought hey, I could try putting my card from my camera into that and IT WORKED! I have now downloaded all the photos and videos I have taken on my trip so far. You will not see them here now because it is too late at might for me to be fussing with it. Tomorrow I am basically just going to Northampton and getting settled in. I am hoping I can use the day to do some homework and upload my photos. We shall see.

Today C_ and I went to Bletchley Park, an place of importance during WWII were they were able to break the German codes and read their radio transmissions. I thought about dad a lot today while we walked around and learned about the earliest computers. He would have really loved it. WE managed to sneak in on a school group's tour of the Colossus computer which was fantastic.

Then we headed home to eat some lunch and pick up the dogs for the next adventure. C_ has a National Trust membership, which means with her card she can get into all National Trust properties for free. Well, this afternoon I was C_ while she took the dogs on a walk around the grounds. Yea! to free!

Claydon House was beautiful on the inside and the outside. Not quite as grand a showcase as Waddesdon Manor, but still VERY impressive. I couldn't believe all the wood work and plaster ceilings...simply amazing. And it had a nice little church next door that was pretty cool. Since C_ and I finish ed so early, we had time to go to the tearoom...damn if they didn't have cream tea...LOL...yeah, we totally did that again.

Got home and did some laundry to get ready for my transfer to my new digs at Northampton University. Tomorrow we check in and have dinner together, then a little party after. We shall see. I am hoping they will let me check in earlier than the 4:30pm time I was given.

DAILY DAVID

1 comment:

Gail said...

It sounds like you're having a blast. Yea to free I say as well