Thursday, July 30, 2009

Tea for ME

Like I said earlier in the blog entries about my trip to England, I wanted to get more serious about my tea drinking...and I have.

I went to Walmart the other day and found the one lonely electric kettle amongst the coffee makers and espresso machines and bought that (it was total luck that the kettle is stainless steel, which matched my other appliances). I knew I had an ice cubes chance in hell of finding a tea pot at a "normal" store in California, so I headed to my British supply store, "Bit O' Britain" in Carlsbad. Did they have teapots!? Oh YES!

So I came away with a forest green colored ceramic tea pot which could hold as much as 6 cups of tea! I love my tea pot. You know what needs to happen next of course, me being a knitter...yeah, that's right...a tea cozy! I was already planning to knit one before I had even bought my tea pot.

When I got home from the store, I immediately hopped on the internet and the Ravelry website to find a tea cozy pattern. I found one I really liked which would use yarn I already have. It is a tea cozy knit with Lily's Sugar'n Cream yarn. I have a HUGE skein of variegated white to green Sugar'n Cream. DING!

Yeah, so I immediately started that...

I am still working on the not-really-from-hell-anymore shawl that I allowed to come to England with me.

I REALLY need to get my head out of my butt and start working on all the projects I have lined up and even started, for other people. I had a realization tonight added to the other projects (wrist warmers and blanket) I have more daleks to make!

So much yarn, so little time...or maybe not enough hands?! Either way, I am not knitting as much as I want to be!

I have a feeling the tea cozy will be done fairly soon...I will post pictures when it is done.

DAILY DAVID

2 comments:

Gail said...

Pam,

Did you know that David was in town for ComicCon while you were in England? I watched an interview that he did on the news and totally thought about you. LOL

PammieJR said...

I did know David was in SD while I was in the UK...of coarse he didn't confirm his appearance at the Con until way after I made my trip plans. I have watched a lot of footage on YouTube which makes it better. I just live on the hope I will see him soon at a Doctor Who convention in the next few years. Thanks for thinking of me!

How are you doing?