Monday, July 27, 2009

Day 25 and more

Yesterday was my last day in England... :(

I woke up and had a shower and my friends C_ and B_ made sure I was able to have a bacon sandwich as my last meal. Bye bye British bacon...I love you! Then we headed to the airport. Most of the way in the car I was trying to wrap my head around the fact that the trip I have been looking forward to for over 6 months was over.

I feel like I had packing success. No weight overages. Between the suitcase, small duffel bag, Harrods shopping bag and my backpack I was gold. I checked the suitcase and duffel bag and carried on the shopping bag and backpack. It worked really well.

I was able to get some last minute shopping done, so all my family members are covered with British gifties. Then I was off to the gate. We didn't get the gate assignment until pretty close to take off so we pretty much hopped right on the plane.

The trip wasn't too bad other than the two unsupervised children in front of me. I say "unsupervised" because their mother was across the aisle from them basically trying to sleep through the flight while her two kids (around 8 and 5 fought and kicked the seats in front of them) I felt bad for the one person, she had to actually wake up the mother to ask her to get her kids to stop kicking the seats.

Customs and check in at the Denver airport was very long, but I got through and was able to call my mom via payphone and then I went to my gate. I decided to try my computer back in the USA and was very pleased to find free wi-fi at the Denver airport...HOORAY.

BY the time it was time to board the plane I was really, loopy and disoriented is the best way to describe it. The seats on this plane seemed to be the smallest yet and when the person in front of me put her seat back that was the last straw...I headed for the back of the plane. I'll admit it, I cried, I was SO over the travelling and being uncomfortable, being treated like a piece of cattle. So I stayed in the back of the plane until the seat belt sign came on for landing.

It all went smoothly after that. P_ and M_ met me at the airport...thank you ladies!

Time lag or adrenaline, I didn't just come home and crash I did stay up for awhile. I unpacked most of my stuff and got on the internet. It was almost surreal to be back in my own apartment after so long.

Today, I got up at 8am and was AWAKE. I did more unpacking and putting away of stuff. Then I called mom had lunch and napped for a couple of hours. Watched some TV, called J_ and had to sleep again. I didn't wake up until 8:30 pm. I am so jacked up and tired and feeling weird, and I haven't had dinner and it's 9 pm. I had grand plans of calling people today...sorry...it will have to be tomorrow!

And thus, my trip to England blog is done! ALL my pictures are up, but not necessarily labeled. Check back in...and don't forget my little video clips are up on YouTube.

Back to knitting news

DAILY DAVID

No comments: