Sunday, July 12, 2009

Day 11

Today was a day of food and rest. I slept in, probably the latest I have since I got here...8:30 am. Then C_, B_ and I went to Morris of Hoggeston for a traditional cooked breakfast. It was absolutely AMAZING. We had fresh rolls, eggs, bacon, bangers, black pudding, and potatoes. This was my first tasting of black pudding, for those of you who know what is in it, yes I also knew, and for those of you who don't...here is the info Like everything else on my plate it was fantastic and I would so eat it again. C_ and B_ tell me that if I like black pudding I would like haggis, and they have some in the freezer. I think I will be having my first haggis before I leave England this time.

At the farm we went on a little hayride trip around the farm and got to see the cows, sheep (with fleece that sheds instead of needing to be sheered, pigs and chickens. Guess I ate their cousins today.

After that we went to Tescos and I got as much food as I thought I might want, that I could leave out in the room without refrigeration. This, of course, means lots of crisps...oh darn.

Today I basically just sat around on the couch and fiddled with my pictures and as you will note from my previous entry, I got a number of days posted. I still have some I need to edit and there are more on my camera I haven't even loaded onto the computer yet. Now I just have to find a way to post my video clips. I think you all would get a kick out of them.

Tomorrow is class and Althorp, the Spencer estate, where Princess Diana is buried. I don't know what else we will be doing.

DAILY DAVID

2 comments:

JAMayne said...

You actually liked the black pudding!!??? GROSS!!! How did they have it cooked, because I've seen it done a couple of different ways.

Unknown said...

I have never tried black pudding, but I think I would like it! I grew up eating blood dishes, mwa ha ha ha. And my skin sparkles in the daylight.